Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Mountain to Sea Trail Drawing...is it finished?


I have considered this drawing finished a few times. Here is my 1st stopping point. The grass in the foreground is still very light; no clouds and the barbed wire disappears behind the trees. This wonderful field is along the Blue Ridge Parkway where the Mountain to Sea trail runs besides it. 

Returning to it a second time, I added the nails and other hardware to the fence post, then darkened the grasses. I thought I was done, again. 

I spent some time with the drawing again and decided it was not complete. I added the clouds and blended the foreground grasses together in some places. I then added more discarded hardware and the Mountain to Sea Trail blaze to the tree. Am I finished...we'll see. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment