Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Church Series


This painting is from Budapest.  The ground in Hungary is white clay.  This creates a great effect in the light so that the sky appears more pink than we are used to. 


Cathedral Light.  This is from a German church.  I painted almost seven versions of this before I thought it was perfect. 


This is St. Stephen's Cathedral in Budapest.  The painting is titled St. Stephen's Shadow.  I thought the city looked like the sea and the dome of the church looked like a rock rising out of the sea.  I painted the sketch for this painting as the sun set in Budapest.  I completed this painting in my studio on my return. 



This painting is titled Krakow Convent.  My mother took a photo of this church during the day.  I turned it into a night time image and added the figure.  This is one of my all time favorite paintings.  I love the figure and the small light in the upstairs window. 


This church is called, The Church of the 14 Saints.  It is located in Germany near Bamberg.  The sunset and the statues on the top are wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment