Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Figure Sketch Book


Happy Holidays to everyone!  I spent most of the day in my studio today working on my figure sketch book.  The above figure is based on a photo of Emma Watson, with some liberties taken.  I de-emphasized the exterior contour line some.  The mouth came out well, I think.  Ears are fascinating, so I spent a lot of time on them. 


The above drawing was a quick sketch.  The feet are large due to a little exaggeration in the perspective. 


I liked this pose due to the twist in the head and hands.  The neck appears long, but is in proportion. 


The above drawing may appear in an earlier post.  Here is a better photo.  I used less contrast than my usual approach in this sketch.  The only detail is in the face.  The "S" shape of the neck and torso is great!  The arms appear to have real weight, which I am pleased with.


The focus of this drawing was the hand.


This sketch has a nice twist to the torso and face as well.  I am very pleased with the collarbone, eyes, and mouth.  Also the cropping of the whole figure nice action to the pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment