Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Drawing 9 Begun!



I have a process for each drawing or painting I begin.  I do a small drawing or value study in one of my sketch books first.  This allows me to catch problems in the composition before I waste too much time on a larger drawing.  In the sketch of this drawing, I changed the slant of the rock a lot.  At this point in the drawings above, I have worked on the outline or contour of the entire figure.  During this stage I had to make a lot of changes to the face.  When the contour is at a certain point I put in the first white highlights with white charcoal.  Looking at the drawing now, it  looks like her hands are cut off, oh no!  I will have to work on that.  Her toes look cut off as well.  I have a long way to go on this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment