Friday, January 14, 2011

Comment from visitor to the exhibition

Hi Will.


Just a note to let you know I saw your exhibit with a figure drawing friend. It was wonderful. Just a couple of thoughts:

My favorite was the figure just to the left as you enter the exhibit, full front small figure with rock in upper 1/3 of page. I liked the drawing, angle of the figure and proportions of 1/3 rock to 2/3 body. It seemed balanced and just right. She really liked that one too. We both loved the large scale.

After looking at the exhibit for a while I saw some of the rock weights as crystal from the way you drew them. It made me think that sometimes what weighs us down can be seen as a crystal instead of a rock. It can be a good thing too, a blessing. And the faces and bodies all had strength and beauty in doing the job of lifting and holding their rocks. Anyway, I thought the exhibit had a lot of optimism, and beauty and made me see things a little different, which is the purpose of art.

Congratulations.

What are you going to do with the drawings? They looked great in your studio at CAL. Just out of curiosity, who was the model?

Talk to you later,

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment