Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Exhibition Photos 2




The exhibition is completely installed now.  I want to go over some of the decisions I made while working on these drawings. 
In all my drawings I start with line. In this series I decided that each figure would be outlined using a bold exterior contour line. In each drawing, I draw the outside or exterior contour line first. Then I put in the shadow or interior contour lines. After the lines are roughed in, I start shading, adding the darks. I draw the lightest shadows first and work from light to dark. As I draw, I gradually use darker and softer pencils. I usually begin with a B pencil and end up using a 6B or 7B pencil to finish the darkest shadows. Notice I even placed line boarders around the edge of the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment