Friday, October 16, 2009

Paintings At Redsky Gallery in Epicenter


In a change from the usual theme of this blog, I wanted to let you know about some of my architectural paintings. This painting and one other are on display in downtown Charlotte. They are in a gallery called Redsky in the Epicenter complex. The painting above, titled " Water Tower at Night", is an oil painting 24 x 18 inches in size. When I paint in oil, I use many techniques that I use in my drawings, for example, this painting was painted light to dark. So, I painted the sky first and then gradually added the darker parts until arriving at black. This is the water tower on Camden Road in Charlotte's South End Historic District. This painting was awarded a second place prize by Joie Lassiter in an urban landscape show in 2008.

2 comments:

  1. This painting is sold. Visit Red Sky Gallery to more cityscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the color contrast and impact of this painting. It is simple, yet bold at the same time. I love the smooth blue gradient of the sky also!

    ReplyDelete