Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Drawing 2 Begun






I finished drawing 1 and started drawing 2. The facial expression on this drawing is more pained. The first drawing the face had a neutral expression. As the series progresses I may change the expressions to become more harsh. The reason that they are not in complete agony now is a comment on our society. We take the pressures we face with a great amount of stoicism. We don't want anyone to know that we are in trouble of being crushed by the rock suspended over our heads! As I read the paper, I am amazed that our society works so well in spite of all the hardships faced by everyday citizens. Due to my background, these are American figures. Developing countries face more pressure than we do in the U.S. This figure is determined to overcome her obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment