Thursday, July 16, 2009

Detail of First Drawing


I received a lot of support from people who came by the studio while I was working. They helped spot several problem areas. Initially the legs were to short, feet too small, and face to shrouded in shadow. Thanks for the critique! Many of my students dread critiques; I welcome objective suggestions! I stopped short of finishing the drawing completely until I have all six planned drawings complete to this level. Then, I will finish all six at the same time to gain consistency. Or at least that is the plan now!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice shadow tone. The back leg being engulfed in black gives it a brillent distiction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice progress, the use of the shadows in each of the drawings is perfect ... This collection of drawing will definitely be a master piece when done.

    ReplyDelete